Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

friendly feelings

I am surprised at myself for the kind of feelings I keep having for my friends.
Let me explain via an example.

I have been wanting to buy an i pad or a tablet since it has hit the Indian markets.
My very good friend also wanted to buy one. He discouraged me by saying I didn't really have so much use for it and that I should learn to save money and it is so hard to earn .. blah blah!! 
Sure enough he bought the tablet before I did.
Since he has his tablet, he has been with it most of the time, you know how it is when you get a new bee.
Needless to say, he is in love with it and he keeps telling me about its goodness and merits
I don't think he was aware of how envious I felt, and I hoped that it would fall and break itself.

After 2 days of fiddling with the toy, he confessed it wasn't as good as he had thought it would be!
I let out a phew and a sigh! See, what I mean? I actually felt better because he wasn't as happy as I thought he would be with the tablet.

Then slowly slowly, he told me all the faults it had and that it had very pathetic battery. I started to feel so sorry for him and my heart went out for him. I had secretly wished that the tablet would get destroyed, and now I feel so guilty as if my wish was granted (http://shaziawish.blogspot.com/2011/02/wish-i-had-asked-for-something-else.html).

I am reminded of the scene in the movie 3 idiots where the friends of Rancho are first sad because they couldn't find his name on the pass list and later filled with jealousy when they find he has topped the class!
I can now say I perfectly identified to that scene in the movie! phew!

Picture from here

No comments:

Post a Comment